100th Anniversary Participation
Introducing the BRAND NEW Children’s Book Week logo and the 2019 theme
Read Now • Read Forever
Join us in celebrating the 100th Anniversary of Children’s Book Week in 2019! Our celebration campaign will last all year.
Add these key moments to your calendar:
- Extended Deadline! Now through February 28: Bookstore/School/Library official event location sign up
- February 2019: Resources/materials and 2019 Official Poster reveal
- April 29 – May 5, 2019: Spring Children’s Book Week
- November 4 – 10, 2019: Fall Children’s Book Week!
And stay tuned for details on our social media campaign, contests, an exhibit, and more!
What does it mean to be an official event location for Children’s Book Week? Take a look at our FAQ for more details and email Shaina.Birkhead@CBCBooks.org with questions.
All schools, libraries, and bookstores are invited to sign up NOW for our Spring week of celebrations, April 29 – May 5, 2019. More information about our fall week will be available soon.
Artists for 2019 posters and materials:
- The 2019 Official Children’s Book Week poster will be illustrated by the beloved Yuyi Morales
- A twelve-artist collaborative poster, to be revealed in stages throughout 2019, will be illustrated by Sophie Blackall, Eric Carle, Bryan Collier, Grace Lin, Juana Martinez-Neal, Barbara McClintock, Frank Morrison, LeUyen Pham, James E. Ransome, Erin Stead, Melissa Sweet, and Raina Telgemeier
- Original bookmarks will be created by Selina Alko & Sean Qualls, Vera Brosgol, Jason Chin, Ekua Holmes, Juana Medina, and Jessie Sima
See our press release announcement here.
Register to be a 2019 Children’s Book Week Official Location!
What is Children’s Book Week and how can you join in the celebrations?
Press release templates, logos, and more for promoting 2019 Children's Book Week and the Book Awards
Tons of downloadable bookmarks, activities, and more for 2019 Book Week events!
COMING SOON! Participating 2019 Children's Book Week locations!
Information about our partners.