More resources than ever have been created for the 2019 celebration of Children’s Book Week, with even more to come this fall. See a full list of those resources with links below for easier access to all our website has to offer. Please note: many resources that currently have dates for our Spring week of events will be update with the dates for our Fall celebration, November 4-10.
All 2019 resources:
- Official Children’s Book Week poster by Yuyi Morales
- Poster Activities
- 6 official bookmarks, with activities, created by beloved children’s book illustrators: Selina Alko & Sean Qualls, Vera Brosgol, Jason Chin, Ekua Holmes, Juana Medina, and Jessie Sima
- Collaborative poster panels to be revealed in stages throughout the year, created by iconic children’s book illustrators: Sophie Blackall, Eric Carle, Bryan Collier, Grace Lin, Juana Martinez-Neal, Barbara McClintock, Frank Morrison, LeUyen Pham, James E. Ransome, Erin Stead, Melissa Sweet, and Raina Telgemeier
- A Comic Book Activity kit with amazing comics by Jed Alexander, Morgan Clement, Gale Galligan, Kazu Kibuishi, Yehudi Mercado, Chad Sell, and Judd Winick
- A recommended reading list from Children’s Book Week spokesperson, Ayesha Curry
- The Creator Corner video series in partnership with KidLit TV, for kids to connect directly with book creators through 3-5 minute videos about their characters.
- 100 Years, 100 Lists from friends and partners, highlighting books, reading based activities, and more.
- Event ideas for schools and school libraries
- Event ideas for public libraries
- An Educator Kit specifically designed to connect kids with the 100th anniversary and provide fun activities perfect for the classroom.
What is Children’s Book Week and how can you join in the celebrations?
Tons of downloadable bookmarks, activities, and more for 2021 Book Week events.
Promote your 2021 Children's Book Week celebration with these tools.
Participate in the Superpower Challenge all year long!
Information about our partners.