2021 Children's Book Week poster by Bryan Collier!
2021 Highlights & Resources
Highlights, resources, and more from Children’s Book Week 2021!
The 102nd anniversary of Children’s Book Week took place on May 3-9 and on November 8-14, 2021.
2021 Children’s Book Week Highlights & Resources:
- Official poster — poster and activities by award-winning author and illustrator Bryan Collier and inspired by the 2021 slogan, Reading is a Superpower.
- Bookmarks — Exclusive bookmarks by five prominent children’s book illustrators.
- Superpower Challenge — a new challenge where kids can discover a new passion or reaffirm a current interest by exploring activities in various categories.
- Superpowers Inspiration — quotes, illustrations, poems, and more from amazing book creators about their inspiring personal superpowers.
- Draw Characters — new Children’s Book Week drawing pages featuring characters from amazing children’s book illustrators.
- The Anna Dewdney Read Together Award — a picture book prize in honor of the late author and illustrator.
- Educator Kit — activities for groups of kids at home or in the classroom.
- At Home Resources — activities for kids and readers at home.
- Partner Resources — resources from our partners.
- Spring Preparations – all the Spring Children’s Book Week.
- Fall Preparations – all the Fall Children’s Book Week.
For the current Children’s Book Week Celebration go here.
For archived materials and information from past celebrations go here.
What is Children’s Book Week and how can you join in the celebrations?
Tons of downloadable bookmarks, activities, and more for 2023 Book Week events.
Promote your 2023 Children's Book Week celebration with these tools.
Find Your Spark with this new challenge!
Information about our partners.