The activities in these kits are designed to help kids ages 4-18 join the Reading = HOPE × CHANGE movement and to have fun talking about books they love, discover new ones, and answer the question: What’s Your Equation?
Download and print your kit here and make copies of the various activity pages for your students, patrons, book groups, etc.
Host a Reading = HOPE × CHANGE event with your students, patrons, book groups, etc. Use these ideas to get started. Download here!
Penguin Young Readers Resources
Schools, libraries, bookstores, and other organizations can be added to our map of participating locations. Just fill out this form!
Posting equations created by kids and adults at your school, library, bookstore, or home is a great way to inspire others to figure out what their equation is and connect with Jacqueline Woodson’s empowering platform.
Use these post templates, or write your own, and don’t forget to use the hashtag #ReadingHopeChange!
- We are celebrating @JackieWoodson’s National Ambassador equation, Reading = HOPE × CHANGE in our [name setting. For ex. School, library, community, etc.] What are you doing to celebrate #ReadingHopeChange?
- Our equation is [write equation]– based off of @JackieWoodson’s National Ambassador equation! What’s yours? #ReadingHopeChange
- [write equation] is my equation! Thanks @jackiewoodson for this awesome message! #ReadingHopeChange
- @JackieWoodson, National Ambassador of Young People’s Literature shares her equation—Reading = HOPE × CHANGE. What’s your equation? Share with us using #ReadingHopeChange!
- Reading = HOPE × CHANGE to National Ambassador of Young People’s Literature, @jackiewoodson. What does Reading mean to you? Tell us your equation using #ReadingHopeChange!
- We participated in #ReadingHopeChange and came up with our own equations. You can too! Learn more here: https://bit.ly/2MduC1T
If you’re want to, tag us in your posts and connect with us!
@EveryChildRead (Twitter), @EveryChildaReader (Facebook & Instagram), @PenguinClass, @PenguinKids
You can find approved logos for use on your social media here!
Please email Shaina.Birkhead@CBCBooks.org with any questions about usage and copyright guidelines.