Fall Book Week 2020 at Home
Children’s Book Week is not only a celebration of books, but of connection. It is a vehicle to unite kids and adults with books, authors, and illustrators in order to foster a love of reading. As we all take the recommended measures to keep ourselves and loved ones safe, we are excited to continue our celebration of books with students and families this fall.
We invite everyone to celebrate with us November 9-15 at home, online, and in whatever setting is appropriate for your community.
Join our mailing list for updates, celebration ideas, and new resources!
Resources & Activities
Established in 1919, Children’s Book Week is the longest-running national literacy initiative in the country. Join the fall celebration of books for young people and the joy of reading with these great resources.
- Official poster, with activities, illustrated by award-winner Carin Bergen and inspired by the 2020 slogan, Read. Dream. Share.
- Exclusive new bookmarks by six prominent children’s book illustrators.
- A new Children’s Book Week Educator Activity Kit, full of fun activities for reading books, dreaming big, and sharing with others.
- Coloring Pages, created especially for Children’s Book Week by 23 stellar artists.
- Activities in twelve languages in our Read. Dream. Share. In Translation kit.
- Explore tons of educator kits, activity pages, videos, and more from publishers at the CBC’s At-Home Resources hub.
- And see below for all the ways you can participate in the Children’s & Teen Choice Book Awards voting, happening now through Nov. 15!
Virtual & At Home Event Ideas
Ideas For Schools, Libraries, and Bookstores
Family Celebration Ideas
The only national book awards voted on solely by kids and teens is here! Read the finalists and vote for the 13th annual Children’s & Teen Choice Book Awards from September 14 through November 15.
Encourage kids and teens to participate with downloadable ballots, badges, activities, and more!
Book Creator Features
Books come alive with these videos featuring your favorite authors and illustrators. Get to know the people behind the books you love!
- Creator Corner and other content from our friends at KidLit TV: Our Creator Corner series, in partnership with KidLit TV and in honor of the 100th anniversary of Children’s Book Week, features 100 videos with authors and illustrators who discuss their characters and how they create books. KidLit TV has a wealth of other videos featuring book creators for you to enjoy!
- Publisher videos: virtual story times, drawing lessons, guided activities, writing tips, and more with children’s book authors and illustrators from all over the country and the world.
- Videos from this year’s Children’s & Teen Choice Book Awards finalists.
More Resources and FAQs
What is Children’s Book Week and how can you join in the celebrations?
Tons of downloadable bookmarks, activities, and more for 2020 Book Week events.
Press release templates, logos, and more for promoting 2020 Children's Book Week.
All the resources for our November 9-15, 2020 Book Week.
Information about our partners.